Friday, May 16, 2008

Vacation

Well, it's always nice to be home after vacation, but I must say this one was a little harder to leave than most. We took the kids to Disneyland for a day and then we left them with Grammy and had a great week to ourselves in Maui. We took tons of pictures over the past couple of weeks so I made two slideshows. Check them out on the side of my blog. :)

Here are my top 5 favorite things about our trip to Maui:
5. The food! We ate out at ocean-front restaurants every night. Actually, come to think of it, we didn't really care much about the food, it was really all about the amazing view.


4. Being rained on at our Luau. Of course, the only day it rained the whole time we were in Hawaii was the evening we were at the outdoor Luau. At least I will never forget it!

3. Scuba diving at Molokini Crater and Turtle Town. Ok, this was the coolest thing. I've been scuba diving before, but this was the best! We swam with lots of exotic looking fish and some huge sea turtles. We even saw some dolphins playing from the boat.

2. Driving the north shore road on west Maui. This was a really winding (sometimes one lane for both ways of traffic) beautiful drive. We picked up some Subway before we left and stopped for lunch at a really breathtaking lookout spot. I think it was my favorite meal.

1. Ok, my number one favorite thing about Maui is (drumroll) - having Aaron all to myself! Those of you with kids understand, I'm sure. I wouldn't have rather spent my time in "paradise" with anyone else!

12 comments:

suzanne said...

i'm jealous. looks like you guys had a great time! glad you're home safe and sound.

Emily Alexander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Alexander said...

What cool pictures! It looks like an awesome trip. You and Aaron look like newlyweds in those pictures!

Emily Alexander said...

So that was my comment that I deleted above. I just wanted to add another sentence, so I deleted my first comment and made the above comment. But now it looks like someone said something cruel or evil and then it was removed mysteriously or something!

Rachel McEwen said...

I am so jealous and can't wait to hear all about it. The whole week I kept on thinking about and wondering what you were doing. You look so pretty in all of those pix. Call me so we can get together! I am glad that you are home.

The Muries said...

Robin I am jealous. I don't know what would be nicer Hawaii or Caleb and a broken leg. hmmm. It looks like you guys had tons of fun. Call me when you get a chance.

Kirsten said...

WoW!! That is awesome!! I can't wait for my trip to Hawaii!! I am so jealous!! someday....
You guys look so great those pictures and I am glad you got to go without kids!!! Awesome!!!

ksdavis6 said...

What a fun week, someday kris and i will go. Did you guys go for your anniversary, some sort of celebration? I am glad you had a great time with aaron.

The Small Bevell Bunch said...

That is so awesome that you guys got to go spend some quality time together..You both look so relaxed and great in the pictures. Riley and I loved our trip to Hawaii, its just so much fun to be together in such a beautiful place!
Rachel did tell me your girls were sick for the blessing, we will just have to all get together some time soon.

Ghislaine Richards said...

How fun Robin! It is so nice to get away without the kids every now and then!!

A. Simpson said...

Robin! How exciting. That first pic with lla's painted face is freakin me out a little.
p.s. I like your swimsuit, you hot mama!

stef j. said...

Hi! I'm so excited y'all came out here (even though we didn't see you). Isn't it beautiful! It's so relaxing - the culture, the sounds.

Just wanted to let you know we do still check your blog every now and then. :)